The International Republican Institute (IRI) is announcing the second round of its Traineeship Program to support the implementation of the USAID-funded project "Strengthening Elections and Political Processes in Armenia" (SEPPA). The Traineeship Program will offer an opportunity to participate in public policy research and analysis, as well as provide administrative support to the SEPPA project components that are implemented by IRI. The project is aimed at supporting the efforts of the Government of Armenia and the National Assembly to be more responsive to citizens’ needs and expectations. Inter alia, the trainees will develop skills and capacities in policy development, analysis, as well as project management and team relations within an international NGO.
OBJECTIVE: The objective of the Traineeship Program is to support IRI in implementation of the SEPPA program. This traineeship opportunity is geared toward college students or recent graduates seeking to supplement their academic training and expand their professional knowledge and skills in public policy research and analysis, as well as project management, and monitoring and evaluation.
The tentative list of responsibilities of trainees includes but is not limited to the following:
- Conduct background reviews and desk research on specific legislative topics;
- Prepare presentations on the findings of conducted background reviews and research;
- Provide program progress reports to the IRI Traineeship Program supervisors/ mentors;
- Assist with the administrative and general operation of IRI;
- Attend program meetings organized by IRI and partners;
- Perform other tasks as required by the assigned IRI Traineeship Program Supervisor.
Trainees can work in the IRI premises or from other assigned locations (due to the COVID-19 pandemic, at the present time the operations of IRI are largely done via teleworking). Typical engagement would be up to 20 hours per week. Past IRI Armenia trainees have indicated that the program exceeded their expectations in terms of job responsibilities, teamwork, and the possibility for development in relation to their career growth. They had the opportunity to participate in workshops organized for various stakeholders that were conducted by professionals in the fields. They also had the opportunity to take online courses through IRI's Learning Direction Platform, which enhanced their determination for continued growth and excellence, a value cherished by IRI worldwide. In addition, within the program trainees become engaged in various networks and also are able to build new ones.
College students or recent graduates
To be eligible to apply to this Traineeship Program candidates must meet the criteria below:
- Solid record of academic performance with a minimum of 3.0 cumulative grade-point average;
- Keen interest in the ongoing reforms and at least a basic understanding of the operations of the Government and National Assembly of Armenia;
- Willingness to abide by the IRI Code of Conduct;
- Curiosity and proactive interest in IRI’s work and in contributing to various tasks regarding various topics;
- Excellent verbal and written skills in Armenian and English languages, with strong analytical and editing skills;
- Strong organizational skills, including time-management and attention to detail, to handle diverse activities and meet strict deadlines;
- Flexibility to changing situations and priorities;
- Demonstrated experience with MS Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Availability to start traineeship between Autumn 2021 - Autumn 2022.
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by sending their CV, a letter of interest and scanned copy of a valid University ID Card/ Diploma and a recent transcript, to: email@example.com
, clearly indicating "IRI Armenia Traineeship" in the subject line. A letter of interest should not exceed a maximum of 300 words and should outline the reason for applying and why you think that you should be selected. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout Autumn 2021 - Autumn 2022. The formal selection procedure may include an interview at the International Republican Institute (due to the COVID-19 pandemic, interviews may be conducted online). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
The duration of one traineeship period is 16 weeks. Trainees must be available on a part-time basis for the full duration of the traineeship and commit to up to 20 hours per week (10 hours minimum).
The Traineeship is unpaid.