Teach For Armenia seeks a Civic Education Expert for an anticipated USAID Armenia Civics for Education project. The project will support youth civic education to boost the role of youth in building a democratic culture and developing an informed citizenry. In alignment with Teach For Armenia’s Community Impact Philosophy (https://www.teachforarmenia.org/kochari
), the project will aim to cultivate student leaders who can advocate for civic responsibility, local ingenuity, and global connectivity. This position is contingent on funding. The Civic Education Expert will leverage international best practices in order to develop effective programming to promote civic education and youth civic engagement across the country. Please note: this role is contingent on funding.
The Civic Education Expert will report to the Head of Civic Education and will work in tandem. The Civic Education Expert will report to the Managing Director, Head of Civic Education and will work in tandem with the Head of Civic Education and the Head of Youth Civic Engagement to develop civic education and engagement programming for youth in formal and informal education settings.
For this role, the key responsibilities will include:
Project Management (10%)
- Set a clear vision for implementation with intended outcomes;
- Map out priorities, create a clear timeline with deadlines, and track towards intended outcomes;
- Coordinate with implementation partners to ensure milestones are met.
Program Development and Implementation (30%)
- Leverage Teach For Armenia's Kochari and Community Impact Philosophy in order to design a robust youth civic engagement programming, specially for formal education;
- Keep track of innovations within the field of youth engagement and development programming and apply innovations to project implementation;
- Work in close collaboration with consortium members, beneficiaries, and stakeholders in order to implement programming.
Stakeholder Management and Capacity Building (30%)
- Communicate with stakeholders, consortium members, and beneficiaries in order to ensure effective implementation of the program;
- Lead capacity building efforts for government partners, civic society partners, as well as other stakeholders.
- Gather, analyze, and synthesize outcomes and report progress to various stakeholders.
- Take on additional responsibilities as needed in order to successfully meet the intended outcomes of the program.
Note: Teach For Armenia is a growing nonprofit working within a dynamic system. Its team must be agile as it grows in scale. TFA is looking for leaders who are resilient and adaptive. That is to say that responsibilities may shift over time.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field; an advanced degree is highly preferred;
- At least 6 years of demonstrated experience in civic education;
- Knowledge of government stakeholders and the education system or the civil society ecosystem in Armenia;
- Thorough knowledge of the role of civil society in the political, social, economic, and cultural context;
- Experience in and ability to establish strong working relationships with civil society and other stakeholders, including government and local government officials, media, private sector and international donors;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in Armenian and English languages.
For this role specifically, TFA is also looking for a candidate who possesses the following key competencies:
- Youth Civic Engagement: Given the scope of the project, TFA is looking for an expert who has a deep understanding of how to design programs that promote student leadership and civic engagement, specifically through formal education;
- Program Design and Capacity Building: the Organization is looking for an expert who understands who to develop effective programming that will develop the capacity of youth, adults, as well as organizations;
- Project Management: Both experts must know how to manage complex projects involving multiple stakeholders in order to meet critical deadlines and benchmarks;
- Stakeholder Management: its experts must be able to work effectively with various stakeholders in order to implement programs in order to influence system-wide change;
- Monitoring and Reporting: Its experts must be well-versed in developing strong Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) systems in accordance with USAID's requirements.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Interested candidates are welcome to submit their résumé and cover letter through the official job posting: https://teachforarmenia.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=82
. In your cover letter, please make sure to explain what personally compels you to TFA mission and the role. If you have been referred to this role by a current Teach For Armenia staff member, please also indicate who referred you in your cover letter. In your application, please also specify your salary expectations (in the gross amount). Also, if your résumé is in Armenian language, please provide an English translation.
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
Teach For Armenia may be the place for those who believe it is important to foster a values-driven workplace that is centered on leadership. TFA team must be composed of culture-builders who exemplify the type of leadership TFA is striving to cultivate in its classrooms and across the system. This means each staff member must strive to exemplify their Kochari, hold themselves to the highest of standards while owning up to mistakes when they themselves falter.
TFA Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusivity:
Teach For Armenia is an organization that strives to elevate the voices of our students and their communities. As such, it is an organization that is committed to equity and strives to build an inclusive environment. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Please follow the link to read about Teach For Armenia’s approach to civic education and positive youth development: https://www.teachforarmenia.org/news-page/pyd