Full-time, 35 working hours per week, Monday - Friday, 09:00-17:00. Flexible working is available.
The British Embassy in Yerevan is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic, commercial and consular interests overseas. The Embassy is currently looking for a Programme Officer to manage the implementation of the governance development projects funded via the Good Governance Fund, liaising with potential project implementers and service providers; ensuring value for money and policy impact of the projects and contributing to the Embassy's input into the strategy and long-term design of the Fund.
- Manage the implementation of the governance development projects funded via the Good Governance Fund, liaising with potential project implementers, consultants and service providers, beneficiaries and key policy officers within the Embassy, and advise the Embassy's Project Board on project selection that best delivers the Embassy’s Country Business Plan;
- Lead the monitoring and evaluation of governance development activity funded by the Good Governance Fund to ensure that the UK is receiving value for money for its spend at programme and project level;
- Lead on liaison with project implementers to ensure that project activity is delivered on time and within budget and provide advice to project implementers on financial and reporting requirements;
- Follow and prepare reports related to the developments in sectors impacting on projects, alert senior managers to risks stemming from projects, contribute to the Embassy programme planning process, share lessons learnt with colleagues in Post/ region/ London/ donors;
- Manage the Embassy's response to project documentation requests from London stakeholders - ensuring that terms of reference, procurement frameworks and project bids are accurate and support the Good Governance Fund delivering against Embassy objectives. Leading the delivery of timely narrative and financial reporting which demonstrates impact and value for money;
- Work with the embassy communications team, to ensure the impact of programming is communicated effectively and sensitively to audiences internally and externally to increase visibility of the programme and UK objectives;
- Contribute to the planning and delivery of public diplomacy activities related to the Good Governance Fund;
- Maintain and update relevant stakeholders' mapping, especially in Armenia, the region, and the UK, to inform programme work and support the policy teams with stakeholder engagement and follow-ups. This will include liaising with government, the private sector, civil society and academia/thought-leaders.
- University degree in Political Studies or a related field;
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience, including evidence of programme management, engaging stakeholders, customers and partners at all levels;
- Fluency at C2 level in Armenian and C1 in English according to CEFR Framework*;
- Understanding of UK, Armenian, and South Caucasus political context;
- Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to governance, social accountability, democratization and gender equality in the Armenia context;
- Familiarity with key national policies, institutions and programmes relevant to governance;
- Effective communication and ability to adapt communication style to different situations;
- Strong analytical and judgement skills;
- Ability and willingness to work effectively and flexibly including out of office hours; and to travel within Armenia and overseas occasionally; and to contribute to special events/occasions in the Embassy calendar;
- A self-starter that can work well both individually and in a team;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Willingness and desire for continual learning and development;
- IT skills, including use of MS Word, Excel and Outlook;
- The role is line managed by the Head of Programmes and countersigned by HMA.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Fluency at C1 level in Russian according to CEFR Framework*;
- Experience using an online accounting system (Oracle based system);
- Previous experience of working with a foreign organisation or company;
- Willingness and desire for continual learning and development.
- Seeing the Big Picture, Changing and Improving, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Communicating and Influencing, Working Together.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by following the link: https://tinyurl.com/3wwesx23
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field "Application deadline". The Embassy advises you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered. Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen. Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
957,307 AMD gross, grade EO
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background and security clearance. The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation for the Armenia in order to apply. The British Embassy does not sponsor work permits.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Armenia are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Armenian employment law. The British Embassy Yerevan encourages all staff to undertake personal and professional development and offers opportunities for staff to develop their own learning plan in discussion.
*Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link CEFR.