Checchi is seeking a qualified Administrative Law Specialist/ Lawyer for the short-term consultancy to closely work with the Corruption Prevention Commission Leadership (CPC) and with the members of the Department of Proceedings and Legal Support to carry out an in-depth analysis of the compliance of the Code on Administrative Offenses, the Law on the Commission for Prevention of Corruption, the law on the Basics of Administration and Administrative Proceedings and submit proposals for relevant changes.
- Conduct research and analysis on the current Armenian legislative and sub-legislative framework regulating the areas presented below; current legislative inconsistencies and issues in the area and international best practices:
a) The grounds and specifics of the verification and analysis of declarations; the Commission's initiation of administrative violation proceedings in case of submission of the declaration in violation of the relevant requirements or procedure, or in case of incorrect or incomplete submission of the declared data;
b) The process, stages, terms, and bases of the administrative proceedings initiated by the Commission;
c) The grounds for initiating administrative proceedings by the CPC in cases defined by law when, as a result of analysis of declarations, the CPC concludes that the declaration was not submitted within the time period prescribed by law or was submitted in violation of relevant requirements or procedures;
d) The process and the grounds for sending the materials to the Prosecutor General's Office, the process of examining the materials by the Prosecutor General's Office, and informing the CPC about the further results in cases of declarant’s refusal or failure to provide additional materials within the established period, or in case of insufficiency to dispel the existing doubts;
- Develop proposals on the relevant legislative and regulatory changes in all the above-mentioned areas in close collaboration with the CPC leadership and AIP Obj. 2 staff.
- Make a presentation on the proposed legislative changes and lead two discussions on all the above-mentioned issues with the participation of experts, judges, lawyers, law enforcement bodies, and other governmental institutions as well as donor organizations which provide technical assistance in this area or are interested in to present the proposed legislative amendments and get their comments and recommendations;
- Develop a final version of the proposed legislative and regulatory changes that incorporate the comments and feedback received.
- Research document which includes analysis on the current Armenian legislative and sub-legislative framework regulating the above-mentioned areas; current legislative inconsistencies and issues in the area and international best practices;
- Proposals for relevant legislative and regulatory changes in the above-mentioned areas;
- Agenda, list of participants, list of comments received during the discussions;
- Final version of the proposals for legislative and regulatory changes that incorporate the comments and feedback received.
- Graduate degree in Law;
- At least 7 years of experience in legal sciences with specialization in administrative law;
- Analytical and investigation skills;
- Strong motivation to learn, fast learner;
- Interpersonal and communication skills;
- High standards of ethics;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Fluency in Armenian language; knowledge of English language is preferable.
Interested candidates are welcome to send a brief cover letter and resume to: ArmeniaJobs@checchiconsulting.com
by the deadline. Please mention the position title ("Administrative Law Specialist/ Lawyer") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Checchi and Company Consulting, an international development firm based in the United States, is implementing the USAID-funded Armenia Integrity Project. The purpose of the Integrity Project is to reduce opportunities for corruption and reinforce public demand for improved governance and accountability in Armenia by strengthening corruption prevention institutions and integrity systems, supporting the implementation of specific legal-regulatory measures for corruption prevention, and facilitating a collective action approach to hold local entities engaged in corruption prevention mutually accountable.