Chemonics seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID-funded Economic Foundations for a Resilient Armenia Activity. This potential future project will enhance Armenia’s economic security through institutional capacity building, support to targeted sectors such as tourism, agriculture, and high-tech; and improved access to finance and investment for SMEs. The Chief of Party, based in Yerevan, is responsible for leading all aspects of project performance and management: providing overall strategic and technical direction and oversight of program activities, serving as primary contact for USAID/ Armenia, overseeing day-to-day management and serving as key liaison between project counterparts and partners, and representing the project to external audiences. Candidates should possess successful experience in leading complex economic development programs in the Europe and Eurasia region, with experience working in Armenia and/ or South Caucasus preferred. Chemonics is looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide leadership, technical direction, and day-to-day oversight and management of all project activities and results;
- Lead the strategic planning and provide the overall vision for the project, including overseeing annual work planning, performance management, and strategic communications;
- Ensure effective engagement coordination with partners, the private sector, governmental counterparts, and donor community;
- Ensure project compliance with all corporate, contractual, and local requirements with support from home office project management unit;
- Maintain a professional and productive partnership with USAID;
- Facilitate close collaboration and teamwork, including supervision and mentorship of a team of technical and administrative staff.
- Advanced degree or equivalent in Economic Development, Public Policy, Agricultural Economics, International Development, or a related field;
- At least 7 years of working experience on donor-funded programs focused on economic development or other relevant fields;
- At least 5 years of experience in senior leadership roles supporting large-scale donor funded programs; experience managing USAID-funded programs is preferred;
- Experience managing complex, multi-disciplinary governance programs and demonstrated success delivering tangible results;
- Experience working in Armenia and/ or the South Caucasus is preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with senior government personnel, NGO partners, host country citizens, U.S. and foreign government organizations, donor partners, and the private sector;
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations is preferred;
- Strong interpersonal, managerial, and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity skills;
- Fluency in English language.
Interested candidates are welcome to send an email with their CV and cover letter attached and “Armenia EFRA” in the subject line to: ArmeniaEFRARecruit@chemonics.com
by the deadline. The applications will be viewed on a rolling basis, and only finalists will be contacted. Please refrain from phone calls.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/