The Austrian Development Agency (ADA), the operational unit of the Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC), is looking for a Communication and Events Manager (f/m, locally contracted, full time) for the project “Recovery, Resilience, Development in Syunik (R2D Syunik)”.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Team Leader (DTL), the incumbent will be responsible for the planning and servicing mobilization and communication of events, supporting in all public relation matters including social media, as well as support for coordinating the Team Europe Initiative (TEI) at the working group and management levels.
This position is based in Yerevan with frequent trips to Syunik.
- Ensure the implementation of the project Communication and Visibility Plan in compliance with EU and ADA regulations;
- Lead the development of a corporate design, create and plan the communications and visibility activities;
- Support the Deputy Team Leader/ Outcome Leader 3 in the delivery of outcome 3 results;
- Create and manage social media accounts of the project ensuring consistency of the materials, and regularly update and promote the online content;
- With the support of the project team, develop, coordinate and manage production of promotional materials and publications;
- Organize and ensure media coverage of the project activities;
- Plan and organize project related events;
- Support the management in the multistakeholder dialogue and coordination of the Team Europe activities;
- Plan and supervise external communication services;
- Ensure the proper documentation of all project activities including visual media (e.g. photos and videos);
- Support and track all outgoing communications with external partners; proofread and prepare clean copy documents;
- Support the project team in creating, editing and translating documents, presentations and other communication related materials;
- Serve as the liaison for donor communication in visibility and branding compliance;
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists, influencers, both on a local and national level;
- Support the management in preparation of project reports and deliverables;
- Carry out other relevant duties as required by the supervisor.
- University degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Development Studies, Economics or another relevant field;
- At least 3 years of professional experience in a similar position, preferably in an international environment; experience in EU-funded projects is an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills; ability to work in multinational and multicultural environment;
- Full proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and multiple social media platforms; knowledge of design/ layouting software would be a plus;
- Proven record of designing and managing successful public relations campaigns and events;
- Excellent social and digital media communication skills, including content creation;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Armenian languages; knowledge of German and/ or Russian languages would be an asset;
- Demonstrated creative thinking, initiative and self-motivation in handling all assigned tasks;
- Availability and willingness to travel;
- Sound knowledge of visibility guidelines, communication concepts, techniques and methods;
- Gender and diversity competence, ability to integrate the gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Adherence to the highest standards of ethics and integrity;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
If you wish to apply for this position, please send the cover letter and CV, as well as other relevant documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line “R2D - Communication and Events Manager”.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
The minimum salary for this position depends on qualification and experience and is based on a full-time employment.
ADA retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence and no application fees or information with respect to bank account details are required by ADA for our recruitment process. Please note that in the event of invitation for an interview, ADA is unable to reimburse costs incurred. Candidates must expect that references from previous employers will be requested by ADA. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
The Austrian Development Agency (ADA) has been delegated by the European Union (EU) to implement a strategic project focusing on support to the green and inclusive socio-economic development in Syunik. The project is the part of the Team Europe framework Initiative “Targeted Recovery Initiatives for Southern Armenia - Syunik Region” (https://international-partnerships.ec.europa.eu/policies/team-europe-initiatives_en
The project funded by the European Union and co-funded by ADA with a volume of EUR 11 mln will be implemented over a period of 60 months. To support the ADC Coordination Office for Technical Cooperation in Yerevan (CO) in ensuring a successful implementation of this project, ADA is recruiting an experienced Communication and Events Manager for a maximum of 57 months, starting in 01 April 2023.
The overall objective of the action is to enhance recovery and resilience of MSMEs and sustainable small-scale community infrastructure in Syunik.
The project envisages achievement of the following specific objectives:
Specific Objective 1: A sustainable mechanism for supporting MSMEs in line with ADA and EU guidelines is set up and being implemented in Syunik region;
Specific Objective 2: Sustainable support scheme mechanism for supporting small-scale community infrastructure is set up and being implemented in Syunik region;
Specific Objective 3: Improved multi-stakeholder coordination for regional development in Syunik is set up and effectively cooperating for regional development;
The project envisages achievement of the following results:
Output 1.1: Improved access of MSMEs to knowledge, technologies, services, markets and finance;
Output 1.2: Enhanced capacities of entrepreneurs and employees (with a particular focus on empowering disadvantaged groups);
Output 2.1: Sustainable, green community infrastructures are rehabilitated and maintained;
Output 2.2: Bankable community infrastructure projects are prioritized and prepared in the communities;
Output 3.1: Regular multi-stakeholder coordination for the regional development of Syunik is taking place.
Austrian Development Cooperation (ADC) has a long-standing partnership with the Government of Armenia, which has been a priority partner country since 2012. The Austrian Development Agency (ADA), the operational unit of the ADC, supports its partner countries in implementing programmes and projects and achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). ADA’s engagement in Armenia is based on the Framework Strategy of the Austrian Development Cooperation with the EU Eastern Partner Countries.
Further background information and documents regarding ADC’s engagement in Armenia are available on our homepage www.entwicklung.at