EU funded IRIS Business Incubator (IRIS BI) and "Increased Resilience of Syrian Armenians and Host Population" (IRIS) Programme seek a Communication and PR Officer with excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills. The incumbent should be highly organized, flexible and creative individual with strong communication skills, who enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment and who is enthusiastic about economic growth and entrepreneurship. He/ she will be responsible for managing the BI and IRIS Programme overall reputation, communicate key messages to defined target audiences in order to establish and maintain goodwill and understanding between the BI and its public as well as to increase the visibility of IRIS.
Immediate supervisors: Executive Director of IRIS BI and Austrian Red Cross (AutRC) management as per task.
For the IRIS Business Incubator:
- Update and implement the BI Communication and PR strategies and action plan in close cooperation with AC/ SME Communication Offices and based on agreed communication guidelines and principles;
- Liaise with and answer enquiries from media, individuals, start-ups and entrepreneurs and other organisations, often via phone and email;
- Cultivate contacts within business and industry media;
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertise on an on-going basis;
- Prepare and supervise the BI production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes;
- Promote the IRIS BI and resident start-ups via traditional and social media;
- Commission market research;
- Report to IRIS BI Executive Director and AutRC Programme Management per request.
For the overall IRIS Programme in close cooperation with AutRC Programme Management:
- Communicate with IRIS target groups, partners and stakeholders, coordinate public relations activities for the overall IRIS Programme in close cooperation with IRIS Programme Management;
- Prepare articles and develop regular bulletin on IRIS Programme activities and coordinate well with IRIS Programme partners for contributions from their side;
- Collect and administer photographs of different programme activities and partners;
- Maintain and update the IRIS Programme website;
- Coordinate the planned film over all activities and successes and ensure donor visibility;
- Compile quarterly visibility and monitor report with media publications/ links on all Programme components, to be submitted to Brussels;
- Work under the guidance of and report to AutRC Programme Management.
For both IRIS BI and IRIS Programme:
- Plan, develop and implement media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media;
- Create content for press releases, articles and keynote presentations;
- Collate and analyse media coverage;
- Write and edit media articles, speeches and reports, in both Armenian and English languages;
- Devise and coordinate photo opportunities;
- Organize events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours;
- Maintain and update information on the IRIS BI website;
- Manage and update information and engage with users on social media sites (Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Youtube etc.);
- Create and use opportunities to publicise IRIS BI together with IRIS Programme to ensure further funding and continuity of actions;
- Foster community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives;
- Archive all the final visibility files and items in professional formats at AutRC programme office on monthly basis;
- Ensure donor visibility according to IRIS Programme visibility rules and regulations.
- University degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Business Management or related fields;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a communications/ PR role;
- Experience working with EU funded projects and knowledge of EU general visibility rules;
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/ Photoshop);
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint in particular), content management systems, and social media platforms;
- Excellent understanding of innovation in communication and PR;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability of public speaking and presenting;
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills, ability to prioritize work and to multitask efficiently;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Armenian and English languages.
All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
not later than on the day mentioned in the Deadline. Please indicate the position title "IRIS BI and Programme Communication and PR Officer" in the subject line of your e-mail. IRIS Business Incubator and Programme team are grateful to all interested applicants; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
The IRIS BI and Programme Communication and PR officer will be engaged on a part-time basis with monthly salary payments.
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
All interested specialists
"Armenian Caritas" Benevolent NGO (AC) and "SME Cooperation Association" NGO (SME) in consortium with the Austrian Red Cross (AutRC), Armenian Red Cross Society, and the "Center for Coordination of Syrian Armenians' Issues" NGO are implementing the "Increased Resilience of Syrian Armenians and host population" (IRIS) Programme funded by the EU Regional Trust Fund in Response to the Syrian Crisis (MADAD Fund), Austrian Development Cooperation and Austrian Red Cross. The IRIS Programme aims at improving social and economic resilience of Syrian Armenians and host population and strengthening institutional capacities for economic growth in Armenia. The action is coordinated by the AutRC.