The overall objective of the assignment is to support the project teams in developing, implementing, monitoring and reporting activities ensuring effective work outreach, communication and direct work with the projects' beneficiaries. The incumbent will work under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator and overall guidance of the UNDP Socio-Economic Portfolio Manager.
- Visit all local government units within the assigned task to establish contacts and necessary networks;
- Support the Project team in implementing their plans at local level;
- Organize and facilitate structured public consultations, meetings, workshops with various local interest groups;
- Moderate conflict/ resistance to Project implementation and negotiate solutions in coordination with the Project Coordinator;
- Communicate findings of different kinds of surveys and consultations to the Project Coordinator;
- Prepare official/ progress reports and other documentation as required by the Project management team;
- Document consultation/ participatory processes through various media and written records;
- Jointly with the Project team members, develop necessary information database structure, build and update the database to the benefit of various project activities and decision making;
- Provide other logistical, organizational and administrative support to the project activities, as needed.
- Secondary education;
- Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences, Public Administration, International Relations or relevant field would be desired.
- 5 years (with Secondary education) of relevant experience in community engagement, including leading initiatives and mobilizing local residents for community participation;
- Alternatively, if in a possession of bachelor's degree, the 2 years of relevant experience in community engagement, including leading initiatives and mobilizing local residents for community participation would be required.
- Proven positive experience with local self-government bodies.
- Fluency in Armenian and English languages, both written and oral.
Desired Skills in addition to the Competencies Covered in the
- Working experience with international donor organizations is an asset;
- Experience in analyzing local context based on local and national documents will be an asset.
- Achieve Results: Level 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline;
- Think Innovatively: Level 1: Open to creative ideas/ known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements;
- Learn Continuously: Level 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback;
- Adapt with Agility: Level 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/ uncertainty, is flexible;
- Act with Determination: Level 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident;
- Engage and Partner: Level 1: Demonstrates compassion/ understanding towards others, forms positive relationships;
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: Level 1: Appreciate/ respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
Cross-Functional and Technical Competencies:
- Relationship management: Ability to engage with a wide range of public and private partners, build, sustain and/ or strengthen working relations, trust and mutual understanding;
- Negotiation and Influence: Ability to reach an understanding, persuade others, resolve points of difference, gain advantage in the outcome of dialogue, negotiates mutually acceptable solutions through compromise and creates "win-win" situations;
- UN policy knowledge-ethics: Knowledge and understanding of the UN Staff Regulations and Rules and other policies relating to ethics and integrity;
- Monitoring: Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and programme performance and results.
Interested candidates may view the vacancy notice and apply through the following link: https://tinyurl.com/9w99yj6a
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
- Contract type - National Personnel Service Agreement - NPSA;
- Position level - NB2/NPSA5.
Due to the armed conflict (started in September 2020) between Nagorno Karabakh and Azerbaijan, the displacement crisis has started with an estimated 100,000 people escaping the conflict zone to Armenia. Although it's about a year that the cease-fire is established between the conflicting parties, large number of displaced populations is still residing in the communities of Armenia. They are expected to stay longer, given the level of destruction in Nagorno Karabakh. This means that the shelter, food, protection, and livelihood need of the displaced should be addressed both through emergency and durable solutions. The Project will provide support to beneficiaries countrywide, particularly targeting the bordering regions of Syunik, Gegharkunik and Vayots Dzor.
The Project's designed to deliver sustainable, tangible, and people-centered solutions to support the most vulnerable communities and groups in post-conflict recovery.
The Project's specific objectives are:
a) Build sustainable emergency livelihoods for the displaced populations in the regions of Armenia;
b) Support socioeconomic integration of the displaced population, war veterans and other vulnerable groups through various job creation mechanisms;
c) Maximize the benefits of socioeconomic recovery for the host communities and the displaced population through sustainable energy solutions.
"Support to Post Conflict Recovery of the Most Vulnerable Communities and Groups in Armenia" project is a part of "Sustainable Communities" programme, which is financed by the Russian Federation and implemented in cooperation with the Ministry of Territorial Administration and Infrastructure of RA.