The Psychologist provides psychological support to patients according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to improve the patients’ mental health. In coordination with the Mental Health Manager, facilitates trainings related to mental health to health staff and other profiles, as per the needs of the project. Supports in the supervision and follow up of trained staff, according to MSF principles.
- Carry out evaluation of mental health needs of patients and establish a diagnosis and a plan of treatment. Inform the patient and his/ her relatives about the possible consequences of the illness and the drug treatment (if needed) to follow and refer patients to other health professionals whenever necessary, in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient's condition;
- Provide psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols in order to improve their mental health conditions;
- Assist and train staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities. Work in close collaboration with translators in order to ensure appropriate terminology during sessions, when necessary;
- Inform the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective;
- Ensure that all patient information is kept confidential;
- According to the project needs, support on the preparation and facilitation of trainings related to mental health for health workers, social workers and other related profiles;
- Provide technical support, supervision and follow up of the trained staff;
- Actively collaborate in the creation of material to promote mental health and psychosocial support related topics (leaflets, posters, key messages);
- According to the project needs, provide group sessions related to mental health awareness and related topics to people in the communities (children, adolescents, adults).
- MSF will provide transportation from/ to the MSF office and the working places, this is: the places (health facilities or other medicare or civil premises) where the trainings or other mental health activities will take place;
- The psychologist (in coordination with the mental health manager) is expected to plan, organize and facilitate group sessions, trainings and workshops related to mental health and psychosocial topics in the communities, therefore enough teaching and group management skills are expected.
- Education: Degree or diploma in Psychology;
- Experience: At least 2 years of experience as a Psychologist;
- Previous experience with MSF or other NGO’s in developing countries is desirable;
- Languages: Very good level of English and Russian languages; knowledge of Armenian language (mother tongue);
- Knowledge: Good computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Results and Quality Orientation L2;
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2;
- Behavioural Flexibility L2;
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2;
- Stress Management L3.
- Mid-level (position is level 7 out of 15).
The following documents:
- Cover letter;
- Copy of diploma (if available);
- Contacts of three references (including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment, if relevant)
shall be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject heading "Psychologist in Stepanakert” or can be dropped at the CV box by the address: Stepanakert, Tigran Mets 2 deadlock, house 4.
CV shall clearly state your experience by writing the organisation you have worked, the duration of the employment (which year and how long) and description of the job you performed.
The Company recommends all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Your application will not be returned to you at any stage of the recruitment process. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications may be screened prior to the vacancy deadline. Candidates from Nagorno-Karabakh region will be prioritized.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process has access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact Finance and HR Coordinator: MSFCH-Armenia-FinHRCo@geneva.msf.org