GIZ Armenia is looking for a Social Inclusion Specialist for the project "Economic and Social Participation of Vulnerable Displaced and Local Population in the South Caucasus" (EPIC). The position is part of the regional South Caucasus project, which GIZ is implementing on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Development and Cooperation. The objective of the project is to improve the conditions for pro-poor & inclusive growth of vulnerable displaced persons and local community members. The specific objective in Armenia is to enhance economic participation and social cohesion of disadvantaged groups – people in a refugee-like situation from Syria and Nagorno-Karabakh, as well as local vulnerable groups - through innovative and inclusive practices.
The Social Inclusion Specialist is responsible for making technical and substantive contributions to overarching issues related to social participation; facilitation of conflict-sensitive dialogue processes between state and non-state actors, and the target group; as well as women empowerment measures.
- Promote the mainstreaming of empowerment and social inclusion issues at all stages of the project cycle, from the planning of the initiatives through their evaluation;
- Support the inclusion of social aspects in all project activities;
- Draft related concept papers and terms of references for social participation and women empowerment components;
- Contribute to the designing of project components or activities related but not limited to social participation;
- Design initiatives to facilitate dialogue processes through the engagement of local authorities in the implementation of community-based projects;
- Establish sustainable linkages between state and civil society for addressing social inclusion aspects of displaced persons in the hosting communities;
- Coordinate with relevant government agencies in identifying key capacity-building requirements and necessary interventions to implement social inclusion and gender-sensitive initiatives;
- Design measures aimed at restoring the wellbeing of the project target groups;
- Assess the impact of project initiatives on the project beneficiaries;
- Monitor the social inclusion initiatives in line with the project’s results matrix and provide on-demand advisory services;
- Support in project-related reporting, contracting processes, and contract monitoring;
- Perform other job-related tasks as assigned.
- University degree in Social Sciences or related fields;
- Extensive knowledge in implementing social inclusion approaches combined with women and youth empowerment;
- Deep understanding of the best practices, approaches, and methodology in programming related to equity and social inclusion;
- Experience in project management: design, implementation, monitoring and reporting;
- Experience in working with vulnerable population groups, especially displaced persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, women, youth residing in rural/ remote communities;
- Experience in working with key stakeholders such as government institutions, civil society organisations, and international organisations;
- Experience in service and grant contract preparation, monitoring and management.
- Excellent knowledge of written and oral English, knowledge of German an asset;
- Willingness to travel regularly within the country, including to rural districts, and occasionally abroad;
- Proficient knowledge of IT tools;
- Strong managerial and organisational competence;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Absolute team player;
- Openness to work in an international team in the South Caucasus;
- Commitment to human rights, the Leave No One Behind – approach as well as feminist development policy (https://unsdg.un.org/2030-agenda/universal-values/leave-no-one-behind
- Acting with a high degree of integrity and professionalism;
- Promoting innovation and learning;
- Willingness to upskill as required.
Interested candidates should send a brief motivation letter, a complete CV highlighting relevant experience and education, copies of all relevant educational reports and employers' references (if available) to: HR-GIZ-Armenia@giz.de
indicating the vacancy title in the subject line. If the automatic response "Thank you for your email. It has been received by the GIZ Office Armenia" is not received by email, the documents should be sent to: GIZ Country Office, Reception, 59, Hanrapetutyan Str., Yerevan. GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
For more information about the GIZ, please visit: www.giz.de
"Economic and Social Participation of Vulnerable Displaced and Local Population in the South Caucasus" (EPIC) is a regional South Caucasus project, commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). In Armenia the project was launched in October 2018.
The project serves the following objectives:
a. improve the overall framework conditions in the country for economic and social participation of vulnerable displaced and local populations through strengthening capacities of state and non-state actors;
b. increase income opportunities for the target group, especially for women and young people, through increasing their employability skills and improving business development opportunities for them;
c. create new economic perspectives for vulnerable displaced women, and local women;
d. empower the target group, especially youth and women, and their organisations to promote change in their communities;
e. strengthen capacities for gender-, inclusion-, context- and conflict-sensitive dialogues between state and non-state actors and the target group.
EPIC is highly committed to gender equality and promotes women in vocational qualification, business startups and self-initiative. In addition to economic empowerment the project promotes women’s social participation and their self-organisation within communities and their active involvement in the pilot dialogues.