Full-time (Monday - Friday, 09:00-17:00, flexible working is available)
The British Embassy in Yerevan is part of a worldwide network, representing British political, economic, commercial and consular interests overseas. The Embassy is currently looking for a Trade Promotion Officer.
- Build and develop a network of key stakeholders across government and the private sector, in order to monitor sector developments and identify opportunities for UK businesses;
- Monitor public procurement websites, upload export opportunities onto DIT’s database, and maintain regular contact with multilateral financial institutions to identify and promote aid-funded business opportunities among UK firms;
- Respond to queries from UK companies, produce detailed reports, market insights and sector or product-specific information and analysis. Oversee the delivery of DIT charged services, ensuring revenue and quality objectives are met;
- Provide the Trade and Prosperity Officer and DIT sector specialists with in-country support to run trade missions, commercial events, inward and outward visit programmes;
- Support DIT regional sector leads and the Embassy’s Communications Coordinator on delivering successful marketing and communication campaigns across priority sectors. Specific responsibilities include campaign and event coordination, logistics, budgeting, development of event collaterals;
- Report on economic and sector developments in Armenia relevant to trade, as well as on policy and sector developments in multilateral financial institutions present in Armenia;
- Prepare trade briefings, trade statistics, and identify a pipeline of future opportunities to include in annual business planning with a view to increasing UK companies seeking opportunities in Armenia.
- Monitor and identify challenges faced by UK companies trying to access the Armenian market (e.g. local content requirements, customs clearance procedures, intellectual property issues) through proactive engagement with UK businesses, Armenian British Business Chamber and state agencies;
- Support the Trade and Prosperity Officer and DIT regional trade policy teams to design market access strategies and implement action plans through a mixture of different instruments (lobbying, technical assistance, high-level interventions, etc.).
Inward Investment - Technology
- Build an active client pipeline of Armenian technology companies looking to invest in the UK by developing and managing relationships with C-level executives and business leaders, and to provide the DIT tech sector specialists with in-country support to manage projects;
- Deliver activities, with the goals of increasing awareness of the UK’s market proposition to potential investors and generating investment leads;
- Maintain current knowledge of UK market trends, incentives, and centres of excellence in the technology in order to promote in Armenia.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in English and Armenian (C1 CEFR level);
- University degree in a relevant field such as Economics, Business, Political Science;
- At least 2 years of experience in business development and/ or trade related job;
- Proven ability to build strong and effective networks and relationships with a range of stakeholders, including senior stakeholders and partners;
- Ability to work in a busy open environment supporting team members;
- Ability to maintain flexibility, sometimes shifting focus and responding to changes to priorities;
- Familiarity with MS Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience:
- Prior experience of working in an international organisation and/ or diplomatic mission, and in virtual teams;
- Good knowledge and understanding of multilateral financial institutions, Armenian public sector, including trade promotion agencies and policies;
- Experience tracking KPIs, developing reports and processing administrative payments tasks within agreed deadlines.
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by following the link: https://tinyurl.com/hz8wcju3
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the below field "Application deadline". The Embassy advises you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered. Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that the British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a job.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
AMD 657,307 gross; grade AO.
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background and security clearance. The successful candidate must have pre-existing work authorisation for the Armenia in order to apply. The British Embassy does not sponsor work permits. Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Armenia are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Armenian employment law. The British Embassy Yerevan encourages all staff to undertake personal and professional development and offers opportunities for staff to develop their own learning plan in discussion.
Please note Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment indicates Level C1 as Mastery or proficiency Level which comprehends that a person can understand with ease virtually everything heard or read; can summarize information from different spoken and written sources, reconstructing arguments and accounts in a coherent presentation; can express themselves spontaneously, very fluently and precisely, differentiating finer shades of meaning even in the most complex situations. For more information please click on the following link Common European Framework of Reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment (CEFR) (coe.int).