The Project’s Financial Manager/ Accountant is responsible for the financial administration of the whole project including accounting of the project’s expenses and the reparation of accounting documents; liaising with project partner, external service providers and associates and collect and book accounting documents, receipts, etc. and to liaise with external auditors for the project.
- Handle the full spectrum of financial and accounting responsibilities of the project;
- Control payments (bank, cash and cheque) and manage the project cash box;
- Verify project costs and receipts in line with KAS/EU procedures and guidelines;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial plans and reports for the approval of Project Team Leader;
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of advances/ instalments to the partners;
- Work professionally with the KAS bookkeeping system (fav2) for accounting all project expenses (incl. obtaining a qualification for the system after training);
- Ensure that financial issues that require decisions or awareness of the Lead Project Manager and other superiors are promptly brought to their attention;
- Ensure procurements procedures of project assets, goods and services for the project according to KAS and EU rules;
- Maintain the integrity, confidentiality and safety of financial data;
- Ensure that accurate and up-to-date records are kept on all financial activities
- Communicate with backstopping office in Berlin in all financial management matters; advance control of supporting document to project expenses submitted by accountants at partners’ offices with respect to EU and KAS guidelines and procedures;
- Assist and mentor staff members regarding internal controls, procedural problems, interpretation of financial reports, contracts, and various regulations;
- Support external and internal auditors with all relevant information for interim and final auditing;
- Transfer payments to partner accounts and pay invoices in agreement with the Team Leader and based on the 4-eyes principle;
- Establish and maintain various systems of internal control for all EU Project funds;
- Coordinate with Team Leader to ensure timely and efficient flow of accounting information to the Project Director, including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, labor distribution, capital asset, inventory, and financial statements;
- Implement and maintain financial accountability of various actions (operating budget, grant funded from EU and BMZ and Utilizing Generally Accepted Accounting Principle (GAAP).
- Degree in Accounting or similar from an accredited academic institution;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional work experience in the field of project financial management and accounting;
- Relevant experience in audit and costing;
- Experience in international or EU-project accounting is considered as an asset;
- Knowledge of basic computer operation as it relates to accounting procedures;
- Knowledge in performing financial, statistical, and budgetary analysis for the project;
- Experience in the field of project accounting and finance management;
- Excellent budgeting, book-keeping and accounting skills;
- Good conceptual and analytical capacity;
- Ability to communicate detailed accounting information;
- Ability to rapidly assimilate and digest large volumes of information;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships in a multi-cultural project environment;
- Ability to work independently and highly meticulous;
- Very good written command in English and Armenian languages;
- Written and spoken command in German language is considered an asset.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Interested candidates are welcome to apply with the following documents in a single submission (PDF document):
- Letter of motivation;
The application should be sent to: Matthias.Hespe@kas.de
by the deadline. The subject line of the email should read “Application Project Accountant”.
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
More information is available at:
Konrad Adenauer Stiftung (KAS) in partnership with Media Initiative Center (MIC), Youth Initiative Center (YIC) and World Vision Armenia (WVA) will implement an EU-funded project with the title “Youth in Action: Youth Empowerment and Leadership Development in Armenia”.
KAS, MIC, YIC and WVA are seeking highly motivated and detailed–oriented project staff to implement the project.
The overall objective of the project is to increase meaningful youth participation in education, civil society and in politics of Armenia.
The specific objective strives to achieve that young people and youth NGOs are educated and empowered to participate in civic and public affairs in Armenia.