A consortium led by Ecorys Netherlands (www.ecorys.com
) , in consortium with PAI Ltd (UK) and Axiom Ltd (UK), has been awarded to implement the "Technical Assistance for Budget Support Programme "Support to Justice Sector Reforms in Armenia" project, funded by the European Union. The project’s main purpose is to strengthen the capacities of the Government to implement the Judicial and Legal Reform Strategy 2019-2023 and Anti-Corruption Strategy 2019-2022. The project is in the contracting stage, and is expected to run from the end of October 2021 until the end of September 2023.
The Project seeks to hire a full-time Project Assistant / Translator (PA).
Project assistance tasks:
- Provide secretarial support to project key and non-key experts as required;
- Manage filing and archiving of project documentation (including online archiving), correspondence as well as maintaining a file index of all project outputs per file;
- Perform other (non-technical) file storage and archiving (contractual documents, project reports, official client communication and notifications, etc.). Assist with confirmation of expert availability and mobilisation tasks including (Flights, Accommodation, Logistics);
- Follow up on issues as instructed by Team Leader and PM.
- Organise and coordinate Project meetings (sending invitations, taking of minutes at all meetings, etc.);
- Provide secretarial support to training workshops, seminars, meetings and related activities, including: booking premises; confirming logistic arrangements; confirming attendees; arranging accommodation; arranging transport; arranging equipment, arranging catering/ refreshments; etc.;
- International and national expert support: booking flights, hotels, airport pick-ups, transport, translation services, etc.;
- Handle logistic arrangements in connection with field visits, including setting up of meetings, booking of accommodation and transport, etc.;
- Proofread all official outputs for English and/or Armenian grammar and spelling;
- Provide ad-hoc English/ Armenian (verbal) interpretation services during official meetings, meetings with non-English speaking local stakeholders, and at project events when needed;
- Provide ad-hoc English/ Armenian (written) translation services for documents, regulations, training, information and written materials when needed;
- Conduct routine office duties, such as photocopying, sending and maintenance of files and documents.
Financial tasks (together with Financial Administrator):
- Support in managing of office budget and EU incidental budget (approval requests, tracking expenditure, collecting receipts/ vouchers etc);
- Keep records and account of all reimbursable expenditure and invoicing by updating the project budget sheet and monitoring budget use against the implementation;
- Apply procurement procedures including securing multiple quotes and supporting public tender procedures where required.
- A higher education degree or equivalent educational qualification, preferably in Public Administration, Political Science, Law and Legal Science, Social Science, International Relations, Business Administration, Economics etc.;
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience and proven track record in providing administrative, secretarial and financial support to a similar project/ business (preferably gained on internationally-funded projects);
- Experience working with a government Ministry will be of added value;
- Previous experience of working in the justice sector will be of added value;
- Hands-on experience in previous EU-funded projects will be of added value.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language;
- Fluency in the Armenian language;
- Full computer literacy;
- Demonstrable administrative competency;
- Exemplary attention to detail;
- Self-motivated and strong team player with the ability to prioritise workload whilst being flexible in your approach;
- Ability to operate in fast-paced environment and cope with seasonal pressure points;
- Experience with the European Union’s procedures for accounting and recording of Incidental Expenditures as required by the Practical Guide for EU procedures will be of added value.
ПРОЦЕДУРА ПОДАЧИ ЗАЯВОК:
Interested applicants should send a one-page letter of interest and CV to: email@example.com
. The shortlisted applicants will be contacted on a rolling basis for interviews or additional materials, which may include requests for references or a sample of previous work. Only written correspondence will be entertained and answered. Applications will be considered as soon as they arrive, and early applications will be negotiated. Interviews will start in the week of 18th October 2022.
Please put as a subject in your email: "Armenia Justice TA – application for PA – your full name".
Подавая на вакансию, пожалуйста укажите Career Center как источник информации о вакансии и сайт www.careercenter.am. Спасибо!
Job descriptions for PA.pdf - Job description