TITLE: Linux/ Unix Administrator
START DATE/ TIME: Immediately
DURATION: Permanent, with 3 months of probation period
LOCATION: Yerevan, Armenia
JOB DESCRIPTION: Ucom is looking for a Linux/ Unix Administrator who will build out, maintain, and troubleshoot IT production infrastructure based on Windows and Unix/ Linux systems.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure;
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools;
- Install, configure, test and maintain SAN infrastructure (FC switches, disk arrays, tape libraries);
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability;
- Monitor and test system performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with vendors to implement those fixes;
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies;
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks;
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems;
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support;
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- BS/ MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject;
- Strong knowledge of support and implementation of Linux/ Unix systems (RHEL, HPUX, SOLARIS, etc.);
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows and Unix/ Linux based environments;
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (Tomcat, Apache and NGINX);
- Experience in virtualization and containerization (Docker, Kubernetes VMware, Xena and KVM);
- Experience in monitoring (Nagios, Zabbix) and analytical systems;
- Experience with automation software (e.g. Ansible, Pupet);
- Solid scripting skills in Perl and shell script; knowledge of Python and VBScript is desired;
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP);
- Solid SAN infrastructure knowledge;
- Experience in administration of NetBackup system is preferred;
- Familiarity with Big Data solutions, e.g. Hadoop, Kafka, Flume, Hive.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Interested candidates who meet the requirements above and are confident that their background and experience qualify them for the position, are welcome to send resume to: email@example.com mentioning the position title ("Linux/ Unix Administrator") in the subject line of the email.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
OPENING DATE: 08 October 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 30 October 2018
ABOUT COMPANY: Ucom LLC is a unified communications operator in Armenia, which offers symmetrical and mobile broadband Internet and other services.
This announcement has been retrieved 481 times.
To place a free posting for job or other career-related opportunities available in your organization, just go to the www.careercenter.am website and follow the "Post an Announcement" link.