Fixed Term, Full-time
The Near East Foundation (NEF) is seeking candidates for a Communications Officer to be based in Yerevan, Armenia. NEF is a non-profit international development organization that has supported livelihoods recovery and community-based economic development in the Middle East, Africa, and Caucasus since 1915. NEF draws on local teams, experience, and partnerships in these regions to create community-led solutions to improve livelihoods and local governance among conflict and crisis-affected groups, while maintaining neutrality and ensuring inclusiveness in our approach. Working through a network of country offices and local partners, NEF currently has operations in ten countries: Armenia, Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, Mali, Morocco, Palestine, Sudan, South Sudan, and Syria. Our programs are organised around three pillars: Inclusive Economic Development, Climate-resilient Development, and Stabilisation and Peacebuilding.
The Communications Officer is a key member of the NEF team in Yerevan reporting directly to the Project Director. The Communications Officer supports communication efforts for the implementation of the project STRIVE for a better future: communities and civil society resilience in Armenia programme. STRIVE aims to improve the resilience, sustainability, accountability, and capacity for innovation of Armenian civil society organisations (CSOs), enabling them to play a pivotal role in raising awareness, deepening democracy, and serving constituencies in Armenia, especially vulnerable populations.
Communications Officer reports to: Country Director
- Coordinate the development and implementation of the project’s communications strategy;
- Develop and implement the communication and visibility plan, linked to the strategy; ensuring all donor visibility requirements are met;
- Coordinate and facilitate a variety of project communication events;
- Provide communications support at events including preparation of press releases, announcements, social media posts and organize photography and videography activities as required;
- Manage and update the project website and social media;
- Promote project accomplishments, learnings and deliverables through communications channels to increase the accessibility and utilization of project information;
- Produce customized products such as data visualizations and infographics, videos, and other communication products related to program activities;
- Coordinate public relations for the project and lead communication materials’ development and distribution (brochures, leaflets, newsletters, success stories, etc.);
- Support procurement procedures, ensuring compliance with NEF procurement policies and practices as well as donor requirements;
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all members of staff, and contractors; collaborate with partners and other agencies, as needed.
- The successful Communications Officer must be a self-directed individual with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Social Sciences (e.g., Political Science, Public Administration, Public Affairs, Civic Engagement), English, media studies, or a related discipline;
- At least three (3) years of relevant professional experience;
- Experience working for non-governmental organisations or non-profits;
- Experience working with public relations specifically for civil society organizations;
- Experience producing relevant communication, knowledge or learning products in both English and Armenian languages;
- Proficiency in content writing;
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
- Fluency in Armenian and excellent proficiency in English, both written and oral;
- Excellent analytical and writing skills;
- Ability to live and work in Armenia without company sponsorship.
- Experience with European Union visibility regulations, as well as familiarity with other public or private donors.
- Ability to work independently and within teams;
- Familiar with the cultural, socio-economic, and political environment in the relevant geographies.
NEF will accept a rolling application until the position is filled. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible before Friday, June 23, 2023.
Please apply by submitting the following documents to the Near East Foundation careers page at: https://neareast.bamboohr.com/careers/296?source=aWQ9MjY%3D
- Cover letter outlining relevant experience and availability;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- List of three references (including one from current, or most recent, employer).
Applicants are strongly encouraged to familiarize themselves with the Near East Foundation by visiting the NEF website at www.neareast.org
. The Near East Foundation promotes Equal Opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and NEF employees.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any Employment with the Near East Foundation will be subject to the following checks prior to start date:
- A satisfactory Restricted Party Screening.
- Receipt of satisfactory references.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the national location for this role.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.