Full-time (Part-time in MdM’s office, part-time in Partner’s office. Regular outreach with the partner in Yerevan and in the region)
MdM is now preparing to launch an important regional project on Hepatitis C with UNITAID, including a strong research component and which should start in 2023 for a 4-years duration. It is within this new project that MdM is hiring a Program Officer for its Armenian component. He/ she will be under the direct supervision of the Regional Coordinator and work closely with the local Administrator and future Medical Coordinator. He/ She might have to directly manage MEAL Officers in the future.
Main Mission, Activities and Skills:
To organize, implement and monitor the activities of the UNITAID Harm Reduction and Hepatitis C program among People Who Inject Drugs. To ensure compliance with planning, the logical framework and guidelines (donors, MdM); to promote the quality of activities, practices and data and to directly or indirectly lead/supervise teams (MdM or partners).
- Organize and supervise activities;
- Provide information and report on progress;
- Manage resources required for activities (logistics, finance, HR, pharmacy), participate in planning;
- Technical supervision of MdM staff and/ or partners;
- Supervise practices, monitor processes and procedures;
- Identify needs and carry out training activities for MdM staff and/ or partners;
- Participate in the planning and operational implementation of the intervention strategy (i.e. design of activities);
- Collate data, participate in data analysis and monitor indicators and databases;
- Facilitate/ coordinate partners;
- Draft activity reports;
- Contribute to evaluation missions, impact studies, capitalization studies, etc.;
- Represent MdM with partners and local authorities;
- Carry out communication work around the project;
- Participate in advocacy work;
- Monitor the context;
- Participate in outreach with the local partners on a regular basis (sometimes outside of Yerevan).
- Manage and lead a team (information, setting objectives, monitoring activities, managing leave, recruitment, discipline, security, training, skills management);
- Plan and monitor activities and implement corrective action where necessary;
- Advise, arbitrate and support measures to be taken in the event of difficulties, malfunctions and/ or incidents.
- Understand the project cycle;
- Master the theme of the intervention, the issues and frameworks (national and MdM) involved;
- Know the principles of logistics and budget management (and pharmacy as required);
- Plan and quantify activities;
- Adapt planning to unforeseen events;
- Analyze data and indicators;
- Work in a team and in partnerships;
- Inform and communicate internally and externally;
- Write professional reports, collect and analyses data, organize, classify and communicate information;
- Communicate MdM values and positions;
- Discuss, negotiate and convince authorities and partners;
- Adapt communication to the audience;
- Know how to approach a cultural and social context. Identify and understand a society’s norms, customs and practices;
- Use the Microsoft Office Pack;
- Master the language of the coordination (English, French is an asset);
- Master the language of the implemented activities (Armenian, Russian is an asset).
- Take decisions and arbitrate;
- Draft action plans and follow-up indicators and results in a given area;
- Organize activities and objectives, distribute workload;
- Communicate with the team;
- Assess and develop colleagues’ skills.
- Share humanitarian values and MdM antidiscrimination, non judgement policies;
- Will and ability to work with marginalized and key populations
- Flexibility and adaptability;
Training - Previous professional experience required:
- Post graduated level in a related field: Humanitarian Project Management, Public Health, Social Studies. Medical background is a strong asset with knowledge on medical protocols, harm reduction approach and Hepatitis C.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position;
- Experience in supervision and team management;
- Experience in negotiations and relations with local partners and authorities.
Interested candidates are welcome to send their CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
with "Program Officer - Armenia" in the subject line. Please note that incomplete applications won’t be considered. The Comapny will recruit on a rolling basis and the call might be closed earlier depending on the results. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Please clearly mention in your application letter that you learned of this job opportunity through Career Center and mention the URL of its website - www.careercenter.am, Thanks.
Gross salary: 675 869 AMD per month + benefits according to the organization’s policy (may be explained during the interview).
OPEN TO/ ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
Applicant should have the right to work and live in Armenia.
MdM is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. The Company prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by local laws and internal policies.